Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks...

Just reflecting on Thanksgiving-- and all that we are so thankful for. It is too easy to forget what great blessings we have been given and how often those things go unrecognized. I, for one, am so thankful to have 4 beautiful, healthy, loving children- who help me to appreciate all the little things in life. I am so thankful for a husband who loves the Lord and is committed to being an awesome leader, friend, lover, and father. I am thankful to be surrounded with friends and family who love and accept us as we are... and forgive all the shortcomings we have. Thankful for a warm home, laughter, and sunshine. Mostly, though, thankful for where God has brought me from... for His love for me... for forgiveness. I pray such things will never grow old to me- that every day I will be awestruck and filled with wonder for my Savior. Today I commit to be thankful every day. No matter the situation, no matter the cost- to just be thankful.

No comments: